|The Chameleon Hybrid Micro base and the MILwhip/extension on the seawall.
|The Chameleon Tactical Dipole Lite
- I did not find Kelly K4UPG near Orlando. I think we were too close for 30 meters at the time.
- I had scheduled to work a friend Bobby AK4JA in Newnan Georgia on several bands. I worked him barely on 30 meters CW early. I missed him on 17 meters. Later in the day we worked each other on 40 meters CW and 60 meters SSB with good signals.
- I worked Mike KM4ELJ on 12 meters CW which was a surprise. He lives in Youngstown Florida. That is quite a distance for ground wave so not sure of the mode of propagation.
- One motivation for the vertical by the saltwater was to enhance the chance to work Eddie ZS6BNE in South Africa on 12 meters. Eddie could not be reached but his friend John ZS5J was there and we had a solid contact on the vertical. John had a yagi on his end.
- I had two contacts with John W8JER in Michigan. John and Micky will be coming South to Panama City in January.
|I used the Icom 7100 100 watt rig.
|The sports-brella came in handy for shade
|Craft at the Marina
|Sunset over St Joseph Bay